Social Listening - Core Keeper

    Core Keeper is an indie game still in early access, developed by a small group of 5 called Pugstorm. I am obsessed with this game, I already have 82+ hours in the game. The game is a mining sandbox adventure game for 1-8 players. If you like Minecraft, Stardew Valley, or Terraria, you will love this game. Its initial release date was in 2021, on Steam the game has over half a million downloads. The overall reviews for the game have been very positive. 

    The value proposition of this game is just to make a good fun game and build a community with it. For how much the game offers the price of it is not a lot. Not to mention they are not even done yet, they are still working on updates and plans to expand the world.

Posted by Developers on Steam
Yuki on Steam
   

    There are a lot of quality-of-life features added to the game that make the game more fun and easier to play. Yuki on Steam mentions one of them being the day and night cycle not being affected for playing the game. One flaw of the game is the movement since it is infinitely generated going from place to place can be a pain, especially early game, so having to stop what you are doing and rush back to base wouldn't be easy. 

deR. on Steam
   





    A lot of the reviews for this game are comparing it to Stardew Valley, Terraria, and Minecraft. Those are the main three that I saw get repeated. deR mentioned some other games as well and I wanted to comment on them. Being able to compare this game with others helps expand its outreach to other players who already like the game it's compared to. 


ArtyMcArtist on Steam




    As I mentioned in the comment, having someone make fanart for whatever it is of is the highest praise. Someone liked something you made enough to get inspiration from it and make their own art from it. I also have made some fanart of the game. The models are to cute to not want to draw them. 



    Core Keeper does have a few social media platforms. The games Instagram and Tik-Tok are definitely not well managed. They kinda just are there to be there. But with the target audience being gamers I don't think it's really a big loss. Where they are lacking in those platforms they are exceeding in Discord and Steam. The main one is the discord for people to go and talk about the game get help from other players and discuss bugs. The community is also fun with discussion on the lore, and the developers are very supportive of mod creators. 
    Core Keeper I would say is trying to build a loyal community. since the game is still early access they still have a lot to add to it, and having that community helps with seeing their 'customers' reactions to updates and what they want to see more of. They are trying to engage people in the creation of the game and with the Discord having over 65,000 members I'd say they are doing a pretty good job.
    I think a challenge for the game going forward is because the game is still being added to there are some people who want what's new and are just waiting for more to be added. But also in that aspect, Core Keeper can keep people's attention because of the constant added updates, so you are always waiting for the next one. When a new show comes out, you don't release all of them at once, you do it week by week so the hype stays up and keeps you talking about it.
    Because of the Discord, the developers can respond quick to bugs and hear suggestions from players.
    While most of the people Core Keeper is trying to reach aren't probably on Instagram or TikTok, I don't think it would hurt to put a little more effort into the platforms. reaching more people can never hurt. I would still have the main focus be on the Discord and Steam. But at least getting the blue checkmark for certification would be nice. When I was getting the links to the Instagram I wasn't sure if it was the real account or not. 
    This assignment made me appreciate this game even more than I already do. I joined the Discord for this assignment and I will most likely stay in it because I like the community the game has built. Even though the game does not focus on all the social media platforms, it knows the demographic it is advertising for and focuses on that. 

(Even though I gave them a hard time the Instagram and Tik-Tok are still pretty cute)

Also since I mentioned it before figured I share my own fanart.

Shrooman

Slimes


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My First Post :D

News Marketing; Cookies 🍪